SH-4D - motion sequencing not always recording, or being remembered after being saved

Forum for MC, SP, TR series and other groove and drum machines
Sintrisqrsaw

SH-4D - motion sequencing not always recording, or being remembered after being saved

Post by Sintrisqrsaw »

Hi!

Had a question and thought perhaps someone would be able to answer it. Its regarding whenever I make parameter sequences on SH-4D and save them, then recall the pattern later, to play them..

It seems that at times, the parameter sequences will be recalled as I had entered them while I previously would record them in, however on certain patterns, for some reason, after recording them in, and the steps menu show they were entered, they would not manifest during playback, although weeks ago, I had created them and even recorded them into my DAW.

If this is a bug, which I believe it is, I guess this would be more of an update request, to fix the parameter sequencing memory. I actually used it, in the above case, to parameter sequence the wave draw oscillator's wave-amplitude on the four sliders, and the four slopes of each part of the waveform with the four buttons below the sliders.

Thanks, hopefully someone else has figured a way to 'retrieve' such a thing, if possible. Its weird, because, on other previously saved sequences where I used similar such sequencing, the parameter changes do play as intended [on that patch, i used the sliders to parameter sequence various types of oscillators, with very cool results.
Sintrisqrsaw

Re: SH-4D - motion sequencing not always recording, or being remembered after being saved

Post by Sintrisqrsaw »

update - I have a midi controller set to channel 1 on midi, hooked into sh4d. But, I realized, I had recently changed the midi channels of sh4d's layers/oscillators, to ch 7 , since I have my controller synth keyboard and a separate other keyboard connected to a midi control surface module on mid channels 1-6 [i forgot which, hence setting sh4d osc 1-4 to ch 7] - sometimes I want to play the sh4d-connected separate keyboard synth, without triggering SH4D, so I switched the midi ch.

When I changed the four sh4d layres back to midi ch-1, all the motion recording came back! So, no issue. But I do notice, that osc A / layer 1/layer A, has to be activated, if I want motion recording on osc/layers B-D to also be happening.

But yeah, found an easy fix.

I still dream of a pattern chaining update.