New To Fantom

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Lz$

New To Fantom

Post by Lz$ »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the world hardware. I am coming from software DAW's. I am having a bit of trouble finding my way around on this machine. If there is anybody who has time or is willing to help me out with a few questions i have i would really appreciate it. Ive tried reading the manuals and worskshop pdf's but i still cannot figure out certain things. If you want to help me out pleae feel free to email me or aim me at Younglzz@aol.com. I have a Fantom G7 factory stock.

Thanks in advance.
Ghost76

Re: New To Fantom

Post by Ghost76 »

You'd be better just posting your questions here for everyone to see, nine times out of ten you'll get an answer.
Lz$

Post by Lz$ »

Ok here is my dilema. I loaded a drum kit from my pc via usb flash drive. created a sample set with a drum hit per each of the 16 pads. started working on a song using the drums that i imported. Is there a way to save those drums into the usb so that they are not taking up any of my 32mb of temp sample memory?
jur451c

Post by jur451c »

The USB is a storage device, when you open a project from USB the samples etc get loaded into the fantoms ram.
Ghost76

Post by Ghost76 »

Yup as Jurasic said the samples are loaded into RAM, you can get upto a 1Gb stick of RAM to install into your Fantom if you need more.

There's no way samples could be played quick enough from a USB stick each time you hit a pad.
Lz$

Post by Lz$ »

I understand that the samples get loaded into my sample ram. here is the problem. When i load a song from my usb drive that contains samples they do not get loaded into my sample ram. The samples are missing even though i can verify that they are in the sample fodler within the project.