Saving Edited Patches to G^ Problem

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
junoskinner

Saving Edited Patches to G^ Problem

Post by junoskinner »

Hey All, I've spent the last 72 hours trawling and I cannot find an answer so please forgive me if this is at all a well known problem or if there is a well known solution - I'm at my wits end.

I am a live player, and have downloaded some midi leads from various sites.

As per commonly found directions, I use the Fantom G Editor, Import SMF, and it loads up on my G6 and works beautifully.

When I go to write, I hit

Write
Live Set
Live Set Name and Position

THEN it comes up with a warning saying "edited patch, rhythm set or sample set will be discard. Are you sure?"

You can only say yes or exit.

Once you say yes, you lose the sound that you were trying to save, and it reverts to the original (in this case, INIT LIVE SET: Grand Piano).

I have both the editor in live mode and the G6 in live mode. Drivers and cables working fine.

Does anyone have a solution.

Kind Regards :-)
Ghost76

Re: Saving Edited Patches to G^ Problem

Post by Ghost76 »

If you've imported a smf then you'd want to save that as a phrase.

Patch = The sound you hear.
Phrase = Sequence of notes/events.
Live Set = Group of 8 patches.

What is it you're trying to do this question is confusing.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

I think Junoskinner is losing his patches ("midi leads from various sites") when he saves the Live Set.

If that is the case, the solution is to save the patches first.
junoskinner

Post by junoskinner »

JunoJohn wrote:I think Junoskinner is losing his patches ("midi leads from various sites") when he saves the Live Set.

If that is the case, the solution is to save the patches first.

(@Ghost76 sorry, I really don't know how else to describe it, but I'll try and be more thorough.)

I want to save a patch onto my keyboard so that I can use it in a live set. A live set of patches which I tried was the Liquid T tone here : http://fantomg.navarin.de/patches/category/8

So I select the file through "import smf" in the Fantom G Editor, and this tone shows up on my KB. Then I play it using the keyboard, and it sounds great! So I decide to save it> I press write, I choose the name and location, but it brings up the error message edited patch, rhythm etc will be discard are you sure?
The only options are yes and exit, and if you hit yes, it changes the patch back to what it was before. So, in effect, I am unable to save the patch / tone /live set so I can use it as part of a performance.

Some extra info: when I transfer that liquid t tone across, it brings up about6 or so different sounds in the live set. They all have the little red check mark beside them (I guess this indicates they have been edited but not saved.

I need to save them so I can play them independantly of the PC, but am unable to. So my question/s is/are- Why, and how to I stop it happening.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

As I mentioned, you must save your patches first.

When you press WRITE, your Fantom-G will ask you what you want to save. You need to select "Patch/Rhythm/Sample Set" not "Live Set."

You must save each patch individually.
junoskinner

Post by junoskinner »

oh, ok, that sounds simple, thanks so much will try that... Legend!
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

After you have saved your patches, you can then save your Live Set if you want to keep that, too.