Drum Samples

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
grace25

Drum Samples

Post by grace25 »

The drums kits inside Roland is not much to play with. Is it possible to transfer drums samples from the hard drive into the Roland G and than use them into the studio mode?
Chrisk-K

Re: Drum Samples

Post by Chrisk-K »

Yes. That's what sampling is for.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Actualy...
You need to copy them to the import folder then use IMPORT function to transfer them in to your current project.
dark_knight_x3

Post by dark_knight_x3 »

Im thinking like using bfd or ez drummer. Make samples in a computer daw using different velocity levels. Save them in wav or aiff, then import them to the fg. Make patches or livesets or even studiosets based on the samples/multisamples.I'm not sure what the outcome would be or if its even feasible. I can't find time to try this out but I feel like its possibile to get better drum samples using great sounding drum plug-ins. I'm also thinking this would be possible but time consuming and labor intensive to apply this on piano plug-ins. I hope you get your way. Gotta push that fg to its limits. :)
grace25

Post by grace25 »

Well that seems to be something basic that I overlooked. I never thought of that before. I would have to go with the other way and use drum vst and trigger midi inside DAW. It is much easier that way. Importing drums into the keyboard take too much time and I don't play live so I don't need it. Sometimes I play for entertainment so I thought I need it, but not really. So thanks anyway guys.
grace25

Post by grace25 »

Hmmm... sometimes I do feel like playing live. So how do I get started? Do I need to buy a usb firewire and then just drag the samples from my hard drive into the folder? Do I need to go through the process of sampling them into the keys and all that crap? Or will it just show up in the keyboard and ready to go?
grace25

Post by grace25 »

So i was able to drag a ton of drum samples from my computer hard drive into the roland usb thumb drive IMPORT folder and was able to import those audio samples into the keyboard successfully. I did try assigning the keys to a initial sample set, but i was only able to assigned 16 keys. Well that sucks, because i want to assign to them all because I have so many drums that I imported and i did not want to waste them. Can somebody tell me if there's a way to assign them all the keys and then save them as one sample set with all the keys assigned? For example, 61 keys all assign each own drums.
grace25

Post by grace25 »

I have also try sample mapper across the keys. For each sample I can play them in different tone across the keys. I don't know if this is a great way to do. Are there better ways out there that you can play and make record more accessible? These process can take a long time though, especially if you have a lot of drums you are importing into the G. I want to know what you guys prefer and how you guys do it.

Thanks.
parker.bobby

Post by parker.bobby »

Use a RHYTHM part. Not a 'patch' part or 'sample part'.. use RHYTHM part for drums.
grace25

Post by grace25 »

parker.bobby wrote:Use a RHYTHM part. Not a 'patch' part or 'sample part'.. use RHYTHM part for drums.
Thanks, i think got it working now. Choose a initial rhythm part and use the wave group type feature and set that to sample and do that for every number of sample and map it across the keys.